- Splash of olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 celery stalks, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes, low carb are good, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bouquet garni
- 3 cups (750mls) of reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 3 zucchinis, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 large handful of soup pasta
- 1 handful fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
- ½ cup (100g) of Parmesan, finely grated
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.ne
2. Add the carrots, celery, garlic and onions and fry for 4-5 minutes. Add the potatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
3. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes, bouquet garni and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, then simmer gently for 30 minutes.
4. Add the zucchini and soup pasta and return to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pan with the lid, then simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Discard the bouquet garni.
5. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, then sprinkle over the parsley and Parmesan.