FOR THE DILL GREEK YOGURT SAUCE
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 cup chopped fresh dill, stems removed
• 1 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
• Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
• Salt, if needed
FOR THE GRILLED CHICKEN
• 10 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp ground green cardamom
• Salt and pepper
• 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
• 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• 1 medium size red onion, sliced
• Juice of 1-2 lemons
1. First make the dill Greek yogurt sauce. Combine the minced garlic, fresh dill, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Run the food processor until all the ingredients are well blended and a smooth thick sauce or dip develops. Test and add salt if needed. Transfer to a small bowl or container, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or until ready to use.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, spices and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Pat the chicken thighs dry and rub each with the garlic-spice mixture.
3. Place the spiced chicken thighs in a large tray on a bed of sliced red onions with lemon juice and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
4. When ready, heat the grill to medium-high. Place the chicken thighs on the grill. Cover for 5-6 minutes, then turn the chicken over and grill for another 5-6 minutes covered.
5. Serve with a side of the dill Greek yogurt dip you prepared earlier!
6. To complete this light meal, add salad.
Recipe from www.themediterraneandish.com