1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
250g pack ready made gnocchi
½ small onion, sliced
½ small red pepper, diced
2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
½ tbsp. chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
210g tinned chickpeas, rinsed
200g can diced tomatoes
125g jar of artichokes
4 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
½ tbsp. red-wine vinegar
Pinch of ground pepper
1. Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining ½ tablespoon oil and onion to the pan.
3. Add pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and oregano; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
4. Add chickpeas, tomatoes and artichokes; cook, stirring, until hot, about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in olives, vinegar, pepper and the gnocchi.
6. Sprinkle with oregano, if desired.