- 1.5l water
- 1 chicken fat-free or vegetable stock cube
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- Optional: 1 celery stalk and 1 carrot, finely chopped
- Boil water
- Once the water is boiled, add the stock cube and turn off heat completely and leave for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat back on to medium and add pumpkin, onion, celery and carrot.
- Let it simmer until vegetables are soft enough to mix with a blender.
- 250g minced meat ( veal or pork/beef)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 table spoons of bread crumbs
- Hint of nutmeg
- Hint of pepper
- Spaghetti (break in 4 pieces)
- Mix the minced meat, egg yolk, bread crumbs, pepper and nutmeg
- Make them into small meatballs
- Boil some water
- Stick 4 pieces of spaghetti in one meatball and then add the meatballs to the boiling water
- Once the meatballs start floating and the spaghetti is soft, they are done.
- Drain meatballs in a colander and then add them to the pumpkin soup.
Recipe from Evelien Gaublomme