- 70g almond flour
- 40 g flax seed meal (Organic Golden Flax from Bob’s Red Mill is good)
- 1 tsp. Stevia (Sweetner)
- 30g Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 60 g finely chopped or grated apple
- 180ml almond milk
- 55g melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 strawberries
1. Preheat a waffle iron to medium and grease if necessary.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, flax seed meal, sweetener, Vanilla protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. Stir in eggs, apple, almond milk, butter and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
4. Spoon a few tablespoons of batter into each section of the waffle iron and close lid. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides (the amount of batter and time of cooking will depend on your waffle iron).
5. Remove waffles and repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve with diced strawberries