From Bon Appetite
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek, white and pale-green parts only, halved & sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 340g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 6 cups chicken stock, salt-reduced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Risoni pasta
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped finely
- Lemon halves (for serving)
Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add leek and celery and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft, 5-8 minutes. Add chicken and stock; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. Let cool, then shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
Meanwhile, return broth to a boil. Add Risoni and cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
Remove pot from heat. Stir in chicken and dill. Serve with lemon halves for squeezing over.